Casillas: Ronaldinho made me to suffer

Sunday, 21 January 2018 16:58

Ronaldinho, last week announced his retirement from football and reminiscing the good-bad old days, Casillas revealed the former Brazilian midfielder made him to suffer.

The 37-year-old Brazilian brother and agent, Roberto Assis confirmed the retirement of the former Barca No. 10., who last played competitive football with Fluminese in 2015.

On Ronaldinho, Assis told O Globo, “He’s quit football, it is over.”

And with the duo of Casillas and Ronaldinho having squared up against each other from 2003-2008 with the former being the man behind the sticks for Real Madrid, and the latter being rival Barcelona key player within those periods, Casillas said his former rival made him to suffer.

Ronaldinho, who scored in four consecutive matches against Casillas between 2004/05 and 2005/06 season earned himself the standing ovation of the Real Madrid fans when he single handedly tore the Madrid’s Galacticos apart as he scored twice in a 3-0 win in 2005.

And sending a warm message to an old adversary aftermath the former Barcelona man’s decision to retire from active football, the porto goalkeeper wrote on Twitter, that though he was forced to suffer from Ronaldinho, he enjoyed watching him.

Casillas wrote, “I was forced to suffer at your hands but as a footballer I also enjoyed watching you.”

 


 

We know pretty well here at Spotkick.com.ng that there are still a lot out there harbouring their confessions; at the same time, we would like to thank Casillas for his bravery.

we watching the space as other goalkeepers that suffered from the legs, hands and even the wonderful smile of Ronaldo de Assis Moreirra gladly come out to confess the degree of the humilation suffered from the former Barcelona man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Published in International Watch

McCarthy explains why top African stars are being snubbed for FIFA award

South Africa and former Blackburn Rovers forward has revealed that several African legends had been snubbed for FIFA World Player of the Year award because African players are not good for marketing.

The likes of George Weah, Nwankwo Kanu, Jay-Jay Okocha, Yaya Toure, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto’o did exploit on the African terrain and beyond but it was only George Weah that emerged as the only African player to have won the FIFA most covetous award.

According to Benni Mcarthy, football is business and African players are bad for FIFA business.

“We are not (African players) eye catching in Europe” Mcarthy, as quoted by sportinglife.

“We are players that they look past because they look for the more lucrative, worthy players that will sell more newspapers sell more magazines and be more of an attraction.

“If an African player wins it there is not a lot of attraction but, if Gareth Bale wins it, if Rooney wins it – it is World news, breaking news.

“Yaya Toure has been there but never been recognized, Didier Drogba has been there; never recognized, Samuel Eto’o has been there; never recognized, Jay Jay Okocha has been there; never recognized, Nwankwo Kanu … I could go on, the list can go on but we’ve not been recognized.

“So I think because it is not lucrative enough for them to pick an African as world best player because it won’t sell.

“Football is a business ...., FIFA, everywhere it’s about making money.”

The last African player that made the cut for the FIFA World Player Award is Samuel Eto’o – he came third in 2005 behind Ronaldinho and Frank Lampard.

Published in Awa Football