The future of the Belgian international has been up for much discourse with a move to either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Eden Hazard, who starred for his Belgium with three goals, in their verge to sealing the World Cup third place, yesterday, appeared to confirm his future his far away from Chelsea.

The 27-year-old was quoted by Goal to have said, “After six wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different.”

Confirming rumours of Hazard plying his trade elsewhere next season is Brian Laudrup, who said the Belgian Captain told him of his intent to move to Real Madrid.

The former Bayern Munich player believed the move will be a good one for both Hazard and Real Madrid.

Laudrup, as quoted by Marca, “I spoke to Hazard a few days ago, he is preparing for a move to Madrid.

“It is a good move for both him and for Real. Again in Russia, he proved how good he is.”

With the Los Blancos being linked with a move for PSG duo of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe aftermath Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus, Laudrup added that the Spanish giant might seal a deal for either of the two.

“I think it is possible that Mbappe or Neymar sign for Real. But I cannot talk about that,” he added.

Published in Transfer Rumors

Neymar is currently leading the line for the La Selacao in the Brazilian quest to win a sixth World Cup.

The 25-year-old dumped Spanish giant Barcelona for Paris Saint-German last summer, in a deal said to be around €222m.

Reports earlier this week had it that Real Madrid had submitted a bid around €310m for Neymar, reports the Spanish giant discarded.

Rivaldo, who plied his trade for Barcelona from 1997 until 2002 was quoted by Marca to have said for Neymar to win the Ballon d’Or award, ”he should play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.”

Rivaldo believes his fellow Brazilian will never have his hand on football individual most covetous award if he continues to ply his trade with Paris Saint-German.

“At Paris Saint-German, with new coach Tomas Tuchel in charge, he will never be declared the best player in the world,” the 46-year-old added.

 

Published in International Watch

Spanish police have reportedly intercepted four phone calls from Sandro Rosell which suggest that the former Barcelona president purchased an illegal liver for Eric Abidal in 2012.

The French defender required a transplant during his time at the Camp Nou and it was said at the time that the liver was donated by his cousin Gerard, however it is now being claimed that this was not the case.

According to a report in El Confidencial, Rosell acted illegally to ensure the player received an organ transplant.

On April 20, 2017, the newspaper state that Rosell spoke to an unknown person in a phone call and that they discussed the situation, with the caller revealing that he had explained the situation to new Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

"I asked [Bartomeu] if he had a minute and I explained it to him and he got angry," the caller reportedly said.

"We had sold [the idea] that it was the cousin.

"We paid him two years of contract, what was remaining."

Exactly one week later there was another phone call, this time with someone known as Juanjo, and the pair discussed Abidal, referring to him as "a son of a bitch".

Then, on April 28, 2017, Juanjo and Rosell spoke again and it was during this phone call that it was suggested the liver had been purchased.

"Abidal is a son of a bitch and he told me to tell my friend that he'd behaved poorly with him," Juanjo told Rosell.

"I told him, 'look Abi, if you're here and talking then it's because you have a new liver, do you understand?'

"And he told me no.

"Well, if you don't understand that then you don't understand anything about life."

The call ended, before resuming again shortly afterwards.

"I told Abidal 'if you're here sitting talking with me right now then it's because somebody bought you a liver, eh?'"

At that point they agreed to meet the following week and they said their goodbyes.

Barcelona, though, have denied that the claims made are true.

"There was no type of irregularity in the player's liver transplant," a club spokesperson said.

"We have complete confidence in the Hospital Clinic and don't doubt Abidal's honour or that of his foundation."

Furthermore, it has emerged that this particular investigation was already closed by a court in Barcelona

 

(MARCA)

 

Published in International Watch

The former Brazil international has heaped Brazil on his namesake – describing him a unique player, but admitted that Lionel Messi “brings more magic to football.”

The duo of Messi and Cristiano, have shared the last ten FIFA Best Player award between them – with many believing they are the two greatest players to grace the game of football.

Ronaldo Nazario, who won the most covetous individual football award on three occasions in his playing days said Messi was the most complete of the duo.

"With his incredible attitude, with his incredible winning mentality, Cristiano Ronaldo is a unique player," Ronaldo Nazario as quoted by Marca."But I admit that Lionel Messi brings even more magic to football.

"With his dribbling, his complete form of playing football and his ability to generate surprising situations in the attacks."

Read Also:

Messi has unique talent, he is better than Ronaldo – Aruna Quadri

Heaping praise on Cristiano Ronaldo, the former Real Madrid and Barcelona goal poacher added, "He is technically very well versed. Time will tell what position history has reserved for him.

"The best thing that could've happened was to move to Real Madrid, but at Manchester United it was incredible the number of goals he scored.

"At Real he's become even more complete, but the truth is that winning a World Cup always helps when it comes to entering history as the greatest."

 

 

Published in International Watch

The Man City boss has quashed the allegations from Yaya Toure that he had a racist tendency – saying the Ivorian international should have said that to him during their time together.

Yaya Toure who was freed by Man City at the end of last season, in an interview last week claimed the Catalan “was cruel with me.”

The three time African football player of the year said Guardiola would not have treated a European player the way he treated him both at Barcelona and Man City.

“Do you really think he could’ve been like that with Andres Iniesta? ...”

“Maybe us African players aren’t always treated the same by certain people. When you see the problems {Pep} has often had with African players, everywhere he has been, I ask myself questions.”

Speaking for the first time since the said allegation from Yaya Toure, the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss said the allegations were all lies.

It’s a lie and he knows it,” Guardiola as quoted by Marca.

We were together for two years and now this is when he says it. He never told me face to face.”

Guardiola, who managed Barcelona for four seasons – winning fourteen trophies with Blaugrana also played down talks of going back to his former side whether as a coach or a president.

He added, “No, I am a coach {not a president} and I am good at what I do, you can’t be everything.

“When I stop coaching, you will find me playing golf. As the coach of Barcelona, it’s over, because I’m not the same and nor do they look towards me the same.”

Published in International Watch

 

Football legend Ronaldinho is to marry TWO women at the same time, according to reports in Brazil.

 

The 38-year-old Samba ace will reportedly tie the knot in August with his pair of "fiancees", Priscilla Coelho and Beatriz Souza.

 

The two women have been living "harmoniously" with the former Barcelona star since December at his £5million Rio de Janeiro mansion, according to reports.

 

Ronaldinho started dating Beatriz in 2016, but is said to have continued his relationship with Priscilla, which began several years earlier.

 

According to reports, both lovers receive an "allowance" of around £1,500 from the footballer to spend as they wish.

 

He also reportedly always gives the two the exact same presents, including recently buying them the same perfume during a trip abroad together.

 

Former World Player of the Year Ronaldinho asked both for their hands in marriage in January last year and gave them both engagement rings, according to Brazilian columnist Leo Dias.He will marry the two women at a private ceremony inside the Santa Monica Condominium in the upmarket Barra da Tijuca district in Rio, where he has lived since 2015, according to columnist, from Brazil's O Dia newspaper

The star's sister, Deisi, who is against her brother's polygamy, has already said she won't be attending, according to Dias.

 

Brazilian singer Jorge Vercillo, who is Ronaldinho's neighbour, has reportedly been confirmed as responsible for the wedding music and one of many celebrity friends who will be attending the nuptials.

 

Both Priscilla and Beatriz are from Belo Horizonte, the city where the footballer played with Atletico Mineiro, leading the club to its first Copa Libertadores title in 2012.

 

(Mirror)

 

 

Published in International Watch

Barcelona are planning of raising €100m from the sale of Paco Alcacer, Andre Gomez, Aleix Vidal, Rafinha and Munir El Haddadi this summer, AS reported

The five players have been identified not to be part of Ernesto Valverde plans for the season, and their sales would help to fund the purchase of Atletico Madrid’s forward Antoine Griezman, who Barcelona have chosen as their prime target for next season.

Rafinha is expected to seal a €35m permanent move to Inter after he spent the second half of last season with the Nerazurri.

The duo of Alcacer and Gomez who were signed from Valencia for a sum worth around €35m and €30m respectively are expected to depart most likely for their former side this summer.

The future of the likes of Denis Suarez, Lucas Digne are also said to be unclear ahead of next season.

Meanwhile, Barcelona are said to be interested in bringing in a new right and left back, but long time target Hector Bellerin as reported by Spotkick is said to be too expensive for the club.

Also, the club are planning to send out Ousmane Dembele out on loan to gain more playing time.

Published in Transfer Rumors

Bellerin too expensive for Barcelona

Monday, 21 May 2018 09:05

Bellerin too expensive for Barcelona - Balague says

Hector Bellerin is too expensive for Barcelona, says Sky Sports’ Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.

The 23-year-old La Masia product has been mooted for a return to Barca after he left the club for Arsenal in 2011.

But all hopes of bringing Bellerin back to the club in 2016 as long term replacement for former right back Dani Alves was dashed after the Spaniard signed a six-and-a-half-year contract with Arsenal in same year

Discussing Bellerin’s future and Barca’s summer plans, in a question and answer session tagged #AskGuillem on Twitter, though outlined that the La Liga champions needs a right back, Balague said Bellerin would be too expensive to bring in for the club in the summer.

“No, Hector Bellerin is too expensive.” Balague said. “As I said they {Barca} want a left-back and also a right back but the Arsenal star is too expensive.”

On Ousmane Dembele’s future at Barca, Balague added, “As for Dembele, as I said earlier, surprisingly enough Barca are considering loaning him out. First they thought he’s advancing well but now they realise he needs to get minutes and he won if Antoine Griezman arrives.

“They are waiting to see if Griezman arrives. They are to see if Griezman gets confirmed and if that’s the case they are looking at the possibility of letting him go out on loan.”

  

 

Published in Transfer Rumors

The duo of Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have shared the last ten Balon D’or awards between each other – winning five each, but the Ping Pong star believes Messi is a better footballer than the Portuguese star.

Aruna Quadri has said Messi was a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo, describing the Argentine captain as a man with unique talent.

Barcelona icon and former Messi teammate, Xavi Hernandez, describing Messi last year said, Lebron James was the only sportsman that comes close to Messi in terms of talent

Speaking to UNILAG SUN (an annual publication by students of the Department of Mass Communication, University of Lagos), the African No. 2 table tennis player said Messi stands out amongst other fooballers.

On the Messi and Ronaldo debate Aruna said, “Messi is the best because is talent is unique.”

The Nigerian International also chose Victor Moses, who he beats to win the 2017 Nigeria Sportsman Award as his favourite Nigerian football player.

Aruna Quadri, who is Nigeria’s No.1 table tennis player, is ranked as World No.22.

Last year, the 29-year-old defied all odds when he won the ITTF Polish Open - becoming the first African player to win an ITTF Open outside the shores of the continent.

 

Published in International Watch

‘I don’t think of Andres Iniesta as a Barcelona player but a football player,’ said Zinedine Zidane.

Iniesta, today announced that he would be drawing the curtain on his 16 years association with the Barcelona at the end of the season

The current Barcelona longest serving player joined Barcelona as at the age of 12 – winning 31 major trophies with the Blaugrana.

In his word of admiration for the outgoing Barcelona captain, Zidane said he loved Iniesta because the Spanish international could do anything with the ball.

The Los Blancos gaffer also adds that he believes that the 33-year-old Iniesta should have won the Ballon d’Or award.

"It is difficult because if you like football, seeing a player like him leave is tough," Zidane as quoted by marca."I don't think of him as a Barcelona player. I see him simply as a football player.

"I've come across him two or three times and he is a charming, very reserved man and I like players who can do everything on the field but are that calm off it.

"I only have good words for him, admiration for his football and I wish him the best as a player for the future but above all, as a person.”

He added, "We're talking about someone who made everyone dream and he deserved to win the Ballon d'Or, especially in the year he won the World Cup."It was clear then that he deserved it."

I won’t be playing in Europe – Iniesta

Iniesta has been rumoured to be interested in a move to England – with a move to either Arsenal or Man City said to be on the desk for the 33-year-old.

The 2010 World Cup winner clear the air on such move, saying he does not see himself in any European club.

"When the season ends, there are things to close and to talk," Iniesta said.

"I have always said that I would never compete against my club, so all scenarios that are not Europe are in play."

Chinese side Chongqing Dangdai Lifan has been touted as the favourite to secure the services of Iniesta.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Published in International Watch

Page 1 of 5