Yaya Toure denies retirement claims
‘When time comes, I will announce my retirement myself, says Yaya Toure
The Ivorian legend has refuted retirement claims made by his agent – as he claimed he had no plans of hanging his boots yet.
Yaya Toure last played competitive football in December of last year, as Greek side Olympiakos, whom he joined after eight productive years with Manchester City terminated his contract.
On Friday, Toure’s agent Dimitri Seluk said the four-time African Best player winner had decided to end his career
The Russian agent also claimed that his client was planning of exploring a new career in coaching.
But in a new twist on Sunday, Toure, on Twitter, whilst admitting he’s preparedness for his coaching badge, played down retirement talks.
The 35-year-old wrote: “There has been a lot of confusion about my future recently. I want to make it clear here that I love football and I’m still in contention to play for a few more years.
“Yes, I’m starting to prepare myself for coaching badges but full time coaching is not what I’m thinking now. ½”
Although, the midfielder didn’t give a hint on where next he would be heading to, he explained further, “I am now ready and focused to take new challenges in playing football!
“And don’t worry once the time has come, I will announce my retirement personally and officially by myself!!”
Toure has represented the likes of Monaco, Barcelona, and Manchester City in the past, but his years with the latter was the most prolific of his career.
The Ivorian helped the Blues to three Premier League titles, including the